Nighthawk R7800 Access Control Enable/Disasble DOES NOT WORK - Other Router Affected

rpmurph83
Guide

Nighthawk R7800 Access Control Enable/Disasble DOES NOT WORK - Other Router Affected

On the past three nighthawk routers I've had all three had the exact same Access Control issue with ALLOWING new devices on the network within the security > access control menu if access control is set to block new devices . Basically what is happens is when a new device is recognized on the network it shows up as BLOCKED by default if "block all new devices is enabled". If you try and set it to "ALLOW" nothing happens when you click the "allow" button. It acts like it's trying to enable it but it doesn't. I have to say I'm kind of surprised that this is still not resolved after being an issue for so long and on multiple routers. Hopefully someone at Netgear will take notice and pass this up the chain. Thank you.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router,R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi,R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7800 Access Control Enable/Disasble DOES NOT WORK - Other Router Affected

Hi rpmurph83,

What is the firmware version of the router?

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk R7800 Access Control Enable/Disasble DOES NOT WORK - Other Router Affected

Hi rpmurph83,

Let me check on this and will get back to you. I will try to reproduce the issue using our device.

Message 3 of 6
rpmurph83
Guide

Thank you for responding to my post. I personally have experienced this on multiuple Netgear Nighthawk router. I have a video showing the issue when trying to set to "allow" on the Netgear genie app and on the Netgear router portal. If you want i can send them to you. It's extremely frustrating as I'm sure you understand. I look forward to a response.

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi rpmurph83,

Please send me via PM the video.

Message 5 of 6
kespedok
Aspirant

Any update to this issue? I experience the exact same thing. Works right after a reboot but otherwise not.
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E