Nighthawk (R7800) - DD-WRT Firmware

j666gak
Tutor

Nighthawk (R7800) - DD-WRT Firmware

With some of the issues that I have been having i.e. time stamp logs / constant reboots required / firmware upgrades not working. In all honesty I am really not impressed with the R7800 which seems to be mainly around the firmware / web interface.

Previously, I have used DD-WRT on other routers and so have experience with using it. I wonder if anybody has installed DD-WRT on the R7800, and any feedback you may have?

Thanks

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 10
aloys
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk (R7800) - DD-WRT Firmware

I'm running r30925M (Kong mod) since a month now. It took me a while to configure but it is running stable for me.Downloaded from: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/

good luck

Message 2 of 10
wjtate1981
Aspirant

is the dd-wrt firmware hard to install? I am not that tech savy but I can follow directions. I just bought a r6700 and I don't wanna crash it.

Message 3 of 10
doraemon
Prodigy

You need a lot of research. It really depends on your skill and experience.

Good luck!

------------------------------
gimme dorayaki Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 10
William10a
Master

I would use a lan cable from the computer not wifi to install any firmware.

Message 5 of 10
wjtate1981
Aspirant

Well I think what I am going to do is, I bought a r6700 it has bridge mode I believe I'll run a lan cable from main router to new router. Well I say run it the cable is actually already ran so I will just plug it in. Anyone see an issue with that?
Message 6 of 10
William10a
Master

If the r7800 which has the time and date  issue is your main router and the new newgear router you just get is going a bridge how will help the r7800 router?

Message 7 of 10
wjtate1981
Aspirant

That was another guys problem. I just asked a question on his thread.
Message 8 of 10
William10a
Master

If you go with dd-wrt firmware as long you take your time and use a lan cable from a computer to a lan on the router.  After you save the firmware to your computer it is like updating with netgear's firmware from a  download tell the router where to find the new firmware and upgrade you run the same risk with both versions.

Message 9 of 10
geanetgea
Aspirant

Hi guys,

What happened to http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/ ? I got 403 forbidden error here.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E