Nighthawk R7800 Download / Upload Speed Disparity

gchavian
Follower

Nighthawk R7800 Download / Upload Speed Disparity

Very unusual situation. I have 1GB Spectrum Internet service, so I have achieved 550-600 mbps download speeds, 40 mbps upload speeds with my R7800 routinely since I got this service. It’s been flawless for a year.

For the past year, I have had a 2GIG IP Bridge for my alarm system and a Samsung 4G Verizon extender hardwire connected to the R7800 (Ports 2 & 3 on the back). I have had no issues up until the past week - now I get 30 mbps down, 40 mbps still upload (??) all of a sudden. Spectrum came out, verified my modem is performing flawlessly. As soon as we unplugged these hardwired devices, the wifi speeds returned to normal. How can this just happen all of a sudden, when I’ve been experiencing flawless performance for over a year with the same setup?

Any ideas on what I could be missing? My firmware is up to date, we put a fresh splitter on the cable tap, and all new Ethernet cables. I shouldn’t have to unplug those two hardwired devices just to achieve the wifi speeds I’ve come to expect (and pay for).
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk R7800 Download / Upload Speed Disparity

You may want to try out QOS and limit the amount of speed those 2 devices are using.

https://kb.netgear.com/24266/How-to-enable-Quality-of-Service-QoS-on-routers-using-the-NETGEAR-web-i...

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements