Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted

Nighthawk R7800 Firmware breaks 5ghz

The last 2 firmware updates, 1.0.2.58/60 that have come out renders my 5ghz network inoperable. I have tried changing the channels and even enabling the smart connect feature but all my device will only connect to my 2.4ghz network. When i try to connect to the 5ghz network it will not connect. I have reverted back to version 1.0.2.52 and have no issues what so ever. I know one of the changes in 1.0.2.58 is the removal of some channels but even trying multiple different channels on the firmware it doesn't work for me. Anyone else having these issues?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk R7800 Firmware breaks 5ghz

Yep known issue with .58/60. Many reports of 5 GHz problems from disconnections to high latency and ping spikes. There is a thread in this forum about it somewere. You only options until NG fixes assuming they do and how long, is to downgrade back to .52 or use Voxel's firmware for the 7800 .61SF it works good and stable. 

You can find Voxel's firmware with a simple google search and it installs the same way as stock firmware no hoops to jump through.  Good luck and lets hope NG fixes this sonner then later.  

Asus RT-AX58U. Merlin 384.18_Alpha 1
(AT&T Fiber, Gigabit)
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

I came on here to post the same thing.  I thought I was good with 60, thought 60 was the fix for the crap they put out last month.  All my 5Ghz connected devices continuously drop signal.  Most of my devices when checked now are on 2.4GHz since they all switched over from the 5GHz drops.  It's rather annoying.

Paul

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Initiate

Hi, i confirm : FIRMWARE 1.02.60 DOESN'T SOLVE WIFI ISSUES INTRODUCED BY 1.02.58

Still the same lag pikes in 5ghz making online games unplayable on wifi. What a shame for a router advertised as a gaming one and for Netgear not to solve this issue well know since fw 1.02.58. I mean why releasing a fw that adresses "minor bugs" if major bugs are always present ?

You have to rollback to 1.02.52 (last stable NG fw) or try alternative fw (Voxel).

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

I called customer service but they were no help. The guy did not seem to know about the issue and obviously couldn't let me know if or when it would be fixed. I am very dissappointed after being happy with the router for so long. I might have to exercise my best buy extended warranty and go with a linksys or something.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

Relieved to know it's not just me. Guess we have no choice but to wait. Hard to believe with so many people having the same issue this hasn't been fixed yet!

Message 6 of 6