Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7800 Needs to be restarted several times to connect to internet

pinkbeat
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7800 Needs to be restarted several times to connect to internet

Hi, can't find info on the internet so I came here. My Nighthawk R7800 is two years old. Sometimes I find that I can't stream and find the WiFi signal is way, way low so I have to restart my router. As of a few months ago I have to restart it over and over in order for it to connect to the internet. I have a two year old Netgear modem to. Everything would be fine as in, all green lights on it but the router needs several restarts to connect. I dread having to restart the router because I fear it won't connect one of these days. Is this a sign it's going out or is there a problem I don't know about. Thanks in advance for any help.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
microchip8
Master

Have you tried a factory reset and configure from scratch? My R7800 is also almost 2 years old and works fine (currently at 36 day of uptime without issues). I use the .63 hot fix firmware, though, but also didn't have problems with the .62 one

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
pinkbeat
Aspirant

By the way the firmware version is 1.0.2.62.

Message 2 of 5
microchip8
Master

Have you tried a factory reset and configure from scratch? My R7800 is also almost 2 years old and works fine (currently at 36 day of uptime without issues). I use the .63 hot fix firmware, though, but also didn't have problems with the .62 one

Message 3 of 5
pinkbeat
Aspirant

No, I haven't tried a factory reset. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. I'll report back.

Message 4 of 5
pinkbeat
Aspirant

Okay, I did the factory reset and reentered my set up stuff. Turned it off and on and it connected.Hopefully it will be that way when I need to reboot it again. Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7