Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk (R7800) - Unable to upgrade firmware

j666gak
Tutor

Nighthawk (R7800) - Unable to upgrade firmware

Hi,

I am currently on firmware version 1.0.1.16. When I press the button on the admin interface to check for firmware updates, it responds saying there are no updates available.

However, I decided to manually check myself and have seen v1.0.2.12 is available. Therefore I have downloaded and extracted IMG file and followed the article (http://kb.netgear.com/31477/R7800-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-12) but when trying tp apply the firmware it keeps returning error "This firmware file is incorrect! Please get the firmware file again and make sure it is the correct firmware for this product". Once again, I downloaded the firmware v1.0.2.12 and tried to apply but get the exact same error.

Not sure what else to do?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
j666gak
Tutor

A noob error on my part by the looks of it i'm afraid.... I have a D7800 and not the R7800. Although the only difference between the 2 is one includes a modem and the other is only a router.

So, it would appear Netgear are using two different versions of firmware for both the D7800 / R7800.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
j666gak
Tutor

Same issue with firmware versions listed below -

Message 2 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could try noting down your settings manually, doing a factory reset then updating the firmware, then after it has come back up on the new firmware doing another factory reset and then manually configuring your settings again

Message 3 of 7
j666gak
Tutor

I tried a factory reset just now, and then tried to upgrade the firmware.... but got the same error.

Thanks for trying, Is there anything else I can try?

Message 4 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Did you unzip the download?

Message 5 of 7
j666gak
Tutor

A noob error on my part by the looks of it i'm afraid.... I have a D7800 and not the R7800. Although the only difference between the 2 is one includes a modem and the other is only a router.

So, it would appear Netgear are using two different versions of firmware for both the D7800 / R7800.

Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi j666gak,

These are two different models with different hardware and software specs. It has different firmware.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7