Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R7800 "10.0.0.1..." or "192.168.1.1 didn't send any data"

Koala_b
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7800 "10.0.0.1..." or "192.168.1.1 didn't send any data"

First intallation of a new R7800.

I've begun with the router connected to internet though a modem-box (fiber access).

A message said that the router has been set to the 10.0.0.1 address (due to conflict with ISP box IP address). OK

A message proposed to upload the last new Firmware (1.0.2.78). OK

New password and security sentences proposed and set. OK

I've tried to change the the Wifi setting (mainly set the SSID name and access key as they were with my old decommissioned router), but after applying the changes, the router interface is no more accessible by direct RJ45 cable or by Wifi (old SSID are shown): after having typed the IP address of the router, the user/password pop-up window is shown, I've keyed them, seems ok, but after 1 minute or so, the web browser sent the message "10.0.01 didn't send any data". 

Even if the PC seems 'conneted' to the R7800, no Internet access is available (yellow " ! " mark shown on the PC).

Note too, that the leds on the router are lighted in 'white' as if everything was OK.

I've tried different web browsers: KO, same issue.

I've made 2 or 3 times a factory reset of the R7800: the 'first time procedure is there (change of password and so on...), but after, KO, same issue.

I've isolated the Router from internet by unpluging the RJ45 cable from the 'Internet plug' of the R7800, redo a factory reset (so the default IP address stayed 192.168.1.1), but I've still the same problem after a change of a parameter: user/password pop-up window shown, data keyed, and then "192.168.1.1 didn't send any data".

How to solve? Hardware failure (eprom memory)?

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

have you tried simple putting the router in access point mode to avoid the double nat issue? 

What is Double NAT? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 5
Koala_b
Aspirant

As the issue occurs too when the R7800 is not connected to the internet modem (so, theoretically in a situation without double NAT issue) I doubted about this raison... But, as I finally want to use it as an Access Point, I gave it a try: I've redone a factory reset, and I immediatelly set the router as an Acces Point (so, before to change any Wifi parameters).

That's worked: I'd access to the admin interface, and was able to change the Wifi parameters right after as I wanted in the first place.

So, for me, that means that the issue occured because some data are not correctly swept between 2 changes in the administration of the router...

But the story is not ended: now I face 2 other issues that seem common for the Netgear routers (if I trust the amount of the users' complaints on this forum)...

1) The router does a random reboot by its own,

2) While the PC under Windows 7 and 10 seem to have access to Internet, the 2 iPhones 10 in the house have no access to internet, detailled message saying that the certificate hold on www.routerlogin.net is 'Not trusted'... 

Franckly, I don't remember the last time I had to spend so much hours to try to install a router or to set an electronic device... 

If not solved by tomorrow, this router will be put on a shelf (waiting for a new firmware?) or will go directly to the bin, and another router will be purchased but, for sure, from another brand than Netgear...

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

maybe you have corrupt firmware in your device. Have you given downgrading the firmware a version, doing a factory reset, and a reinstall? (do a clean install, not from backup). Then disable aut0-updates. 

The r7800's been one of the more solid routers netgear makes and gets recommend on here a lot. so I'd work on it a little bit. 

Message 4 of 5
Koala_b
Aspirant

Thanks for your advice, but I already done many factory resets until now without much success, so I'm a little tired of this item (even if, I know, it has a good reputation) and I prefer to wait for a manual update with a future Firmware (v1.0.2.79?).

In the meantime, I've purchased a second hand AC3100 router (Asus RT-AC88U) than I found in my neighborhood:

- 30 minutes to pick it up and go back home,

- 9 minutes to unpack, load last Firmware, and set Admin password + my past Wifi SSID/passwords,

- All the Wifi repeaters, PCs and mobile phones got immediate access to the house network and to Internet,

- Since 2 days, no strange auto reboot, no Certificate issue on iPhones.

Efficiency makes all the difference...  Smiley Happy

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7