Nighthawk R7900 needs recycling daily after patch 1.0.2.10

Chriskolb
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7900 needs recycling daily after patch 1.0.2.10

Has anyone upgraded there firmware on the R7900 and found that, after the update, you sit cycle your router nearly daily. Other wise it looks like you are connected with your wireless devices, but you can not even get to the administratation page of the router, let alone the internet.
Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
Chriskolb
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7900 needs recycling daily after patch 1.0.2.10

Did a factory reset last night. Things now stay up for hours at a time. Become unstable, like I can continue to communicate via wireless to some sites, but can not get to new sites and then everything goes down within two hours. Do factory default has taken things from bad to worse. And I have not even gone in and changed any settings other than set up the wireless names and passwords.
Message 2 of 9
bigw3260
Star

Yes I have had similar issues. I notice that my download speed dimishes over time unless the router is rebooted.

Message 3 of 9
myersw
Master

Why not revert to the previous version of firmware that I assume was running ok? 

Netgear is putting out garbage firmware right now.. Put r8000 amd r8000p on shelf and got a Asus rt-ac86u. Running Merlin firmware on it and it just works. Only reboot is when there is new firmware.. This is the way routers should work. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi All, 

A new firmware update is available. Please update the firmware to 1.0.2.16. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000059127/R7900-Firmware-Version-1-0-2-16-Hot-Fix

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 9
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Chriskolb, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 6 of 9
myersw
Master

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi Chriskolb, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

@Blanca_O wrote:

Hi Chriskolb, 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Know this is not politically correct,  but your support is really poor. Have a r8000 and r8000p on shelf do to firmware that is crap.Maybe your folks should focus on fixing issues and not features such as adding Bitdefender suppport. Only product of yours I might look at is the r7800 and that is only because of 3rd party support such as Voxel or Kong DD-WRT. Too bad your routers cannot run like the Asus RT-AC86U that I am currently running for over 34 days with Merlin frimware and that reboot was to do firmware update. No wireless or Internet issues no reason to reboot, just runs unlike the Netgear products I have sitting on shelt and soon to be on Eday. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 7 of 9
Chriskolb
Aspirant

I ended up returning the router to Costco. Great return policy, and bout a new one. Same issue. So returned that and went and set up a UniFi system in my house. Sorry Netgear, I lost faith in your products after this.
Message 8 of 9
bigw3260
Star

New firmware did not resolve the issue. I am with the others on this. Saving up to get an ASUS router. Tired of the poor support and even poorer firmware. 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E