Nighthawk R7900P Router-My internet keeps cutting in and out. How do I tell what the problem is?

customheat
Follower

Nighthawk R7900P Router-My internet keeps cutting in and out. How do I tell what the problem is?

My internet keeps cutting in and out. Sometimes every munite. I cannot even stream a movie without it going in and out. How do I tell if the problem is my router or the signal to the router. My internet signal is broadcast from a tower on a mountain to a receiver and then to my router.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7900P Router-My internet keeps cutting in and out. How do I tell what the problem is?

@customheat wrote:

My internet signal is broadcast from a tower on a mountain to a receiver and then to my router.

This wireless link and receiver is ISP owned and operated, or under your control?

If there is a way to temporarily connect a computer using ie. an Ethernet link just like the router, and in a similar configuration (transparent TCP/IP, or PPPoE, PPTP, whatever) direct to the receiver a test would be feasible.

Message 2 of 3
sankarnp
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7900P Router-My internet keeps cutting in and out. How do I tell what the problem is?

I have a similar issue. In my case the router will throw an error message when I am connecting to a site and then refresh after a few seconds and bring up the website. 

Netgear is saying the router might be faulty. 

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E