Nighthawk R7960P - Default security questions

luongvv
Follower

Nighthawk R7960P - Default security questions

Hi all,

Currently, I'm still using the default setup of the router. Now, I'm on recovering my login password and facing these 2 security questions:

Security Question #1 In what city were you born?

Security Question #2 In what city was your mother born?

Please share the default answers for these 2 question.

Thanks

Regards

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S AC3000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk R7960P - Default security questions

@luongvv wrote:

Hi all,

Currently, I'm still using the default setup of the router. Now, I'm on recovering my login password and facing these 2 security questions:

There is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

@luongvv wrote:

Please share the default answers for these 2 question.

They don't exist. See above.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E