Re: Nighthawk R8000 Antenna broken

sleepyishkitten
Follower

Nighthawk R8000 Antenna broken

One of the antennas broke from the router, but the wire is still connected to it (sort of holding onto it, its just not holding up.) Does this have any defect on the router itself? Should I get that antenna replaced? Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

use some silicon or plastic glue and glue it in place,  I doubt it will make any difference unless you tweaked it to reach a dead spot.

I used mine for months will them all in the down position and couldn't perceive a difference up or down.

Message 2 of 7
UCDHIUS
Tutor

Does netgear sell replacment antennas? I have the same router and the 3rd antenna on the left side snapped off its piviot and now its hanging on by its wire.  If all possible to get replacments that would be great.  The router is basically new. 

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Unfortunately, we do not sell antennas.

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 7
MIA-Twin27
Tutor

@ElaineM Well you guys probably should. This router is not cheap and should hold up to it's pivot movements. Great router but this should have been given some thought. 

Message 5 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@MIA-Twin27 With the design of the R8000 it's not easy to just simply replace the antenna.

Anyhow, I would suggest to post that under our Idea Exchange page and give it a vote. 

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 6 of 7
William10a
Master

Super glue and a tooth pick are the best answer here put some super a tooth pick and glue the anteena back on that's it looks like the best answer for the moment.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E