Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R8000 WR cannot log into router over wifi.

JE0251
Aspirant

Nighthawk R8000 WR cannot log into router over wifi.

Having this issue on two devices since I updated the firmware 1/12/2021:  Windows 10 desktop and LG 8x Android cell phone.

Both are telling me that I am not connected to the router wifi.  As I am connected to the R8000 wifi and have access to the internet.

I cannot ping 192.168.1.1 or access using routerlogin.net. I've reset the router, holding the reset button for 7 seconds and did the hold the reset button for 30 seconds, turn off the unit holding the reser button 30 seconds, and power the unit back up holding the reset button for 30 seconds.  Nothing worked.

All my home devices are connected and worling.  Just no access to the router.

I did just remove McAfee Virus software from my desktop but it wasn;t on my cell phone.

Please someone who has the answer

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R8000 WR cannot log into router over wifi.

What firmware version did you install?

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Message 2 of 8
JE0251
Aspirant

I did not write down the firmware version.  It's an Arris DG3270 from WOW.

What I don't understand is that it does not recognize that I am on the Nighthawk wireless routers WIFI.  Keeps asking me to connect to the routers WIFI???????

Message 3 of 8
ajbernard
Guide

I am seeing similar issue on a 7960P

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

The Arris DG3270 is a modem/router combo device. It isn't just a modem. Unless you have it in bridged/modem only mode, it creates a double nat. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

Options? (only use 1)

1. put the arris in modem only mode.

2. put the netgears IP address into the arris's DMZ

3. Put the netgear in AP (access point) mode. This disables the routing functions and leaves the arris in control of those. You can either disable the wireless on the arris to reduce interference or just ensure its on a seperate channel from the netgear. 

it could be why you can't access the router at the defaults ip address, it might have changed when it detected another router on the network/using that ip address. 

Easy check. disconnect the netgear from the arris and reboot the netgear. Then connect a pc/laptop to it and open a command prompt. Type ipconfig. The default gateway is going to be the netgears IP address. 

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

@ajbernard You have a different router entirely. Please start your own thread instead of jumping on someone elses and we'd be hapy to help

Message 6 of 8
ajbernard
Guide

Already started - but it seems to be a common thread across many NetGear devices.

Message 7 of 8

@ajbernard wrote:

Already started - but it seems to be a common thread across many NetGear devices.

Because too many people turn up without understanding what they have on their networks.

Unfortunately, there is no single solution.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7