Nighthawk R8000 WiFi Router Does Not Maintain Connectivity

vcmnetwork
Initiate

Nighthawk R8000 WiFi Router Does Not Maintain Connectivity

My router requires constant attention to address connectivity issues.  Throughout the day, I frequently have to restart my router re-establish or obtain connectivty to the internet, administrative portal and/or readyshare.  The issue appears to present itself in various layers.  For example, I now have WiFi connectivity for three devices on my network.  I am attempting to add another device, however the fourth will not connect at this time.  The adminstrative portal is not availalble to the devices that are currently connected for me to troubleshoot.  Readyshare is no longer available either, when it was earlier.  Nevertheless, I have access to the internet on the previous three devices.  All the router LED lights are on as usual, so no problem is indicated.  This is, by no means, a new issue.  I am being presented with this issue constantly.  I cannot start my day with out having to address connectivity issues with the router.  The only way to resolve is to restart the router, so I am having to restart my router several times during the day.

I have re-installed to current firmware, down graded the firmware, performed numerous resets, moved things from around the router and experimented with different configuation settings, but I still constantly lose some form of connnectivity throughout the day (admin portal, internet access, SSID broadcast to new devices, readyshare, etc).

I have used several Netgear WiFi routers in the past, but this is the first time that I have add to give one constant attention.  I am seeing many post with people have the same or similar issues with this model  What is Netgear prepared to do about it?

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
SmallTrader
Apprentice

Re: Nighthawk R8000 WiFi Router Does Not Maintain Connectivity

Your problem could be HW related but more likely to be firmware related.

What version of firmware have you tried? All version of V1.0.4.* firmware have serious bugs and stability problem. The last known stable version for R8000 is V1.0.3.54. That version is what I use and it has been rock solid.

Given that you have done quite a few firmware update, if you want to give V1.0.3.54 a go suggest you do a complete reset following the firmware update so that you are starting from a clean slate.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 4
Jordontek
Aspirant

I had this very same problem.

It drove me batty.

I found out it was my old Motorola modem, which I replaced with a Netgear CM600.

If it is your modem, and you go out and get a new one, do yourself a favor and change the password on it. 

You can interface with the modem, which the CM series seems to be 192.168.100.1

Message 3 of 4
vcmnetwork
Initiate

Unfortunately I was forced to abandon my Nighthawk R8000 as I was losing critcal time and productivity trying to work through this issue.  Since I am due to be traveling, leaving my wife at home to wrestle with this issue, I needed to bring this issue to a close.  I exchanged the router at the Best Buy that I made the purchase.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements