Nighthawk-R8000-X6-AC3200-SLOW-speed-over-wifi with iptv/vlan setup enabled

cjghvieira
Tutor

Nighthawk-R8000-X6-AC3200-SLOW-speed-over-wifi with iptv/vlan setup enabled

Nighthawk R8000 X6 AC3200

Firmware V1.0.4.28_10.1.54

Hi Netgear and Netgear community.

In the year 2017 I had a problem with my Nighthawk R8000 regarding the 5GHz wifi speed with iptv/vlan setup enabled (below the link of the netgear community discussion).

Netgear Nighthawk R8000 X6 AC3200 - SLOW speed over wifi

The problem was solved and all the following firmware updates worked perfectly regarding that problem. All the following until this last one V1.0.4.28_10.1.54.

The slow wifi speed problem returned. My iperf test revelead speeds of 0.1Mbit over the 5GHz wifi network when the with iptv/vlan setup is enabled.

Anyone with the same problem?

Does anyone from Netgear can help me?

I've rollback the firmware in order to solve this problem but I always like to have the latest firmware with the latest security fixes.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos Vieira

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
myersw
Master

Re: Nighthawk-R8000-X6-AC3200-SLOW-speed-over-wifi with iptv/vlan setup enabled

Patience is a virtue. 

Maybe someday Netgear will be able to put out a decent firmware. Until then I would watch the forums to see if they have finally succeeded and until then run a version that works for you, unless you are into pain and suffering. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 3
cjghvieira
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk-R8000-X6-AC3200-SLOW-speed-over-wifi with iptv/vlan setup enabled

:-)

I do considerer myself as a patient guy!

New problems and bugs can appear...I give that one for free...not so admissible in  product that costed almost 400 euros when I bought it...but like I said...I give that one for free... but problems already resolved to reappear again is not admissible.

Let's wait and see what Netgear will say regarding this issue.

Regards,

CV 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements