Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R8000 to Virgin Media HUb

npinks
Tutor

Nighthawk R8000 to Virgin Media HUb

Tomorrow, i'm switching from BT to Virgin Media, so will be getting their superHub and i want to keep using the NightHawk X6 as my wifi, as the range is loads better and everything (inc my Arlo) connects to it without issue

Can anyone point me into clear directions to setup a Virgin hub with my nighthawk X6, so i know what to do tomorrow

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
npinks
Tutor

Hi All

Sorry for the late reply back, I managed to fully reset the X6 and upon rebooting it up, the router went through a new install and started working, with the CAT5e cable I had. Then a straight swap over to the CAT6 the following morning

All sorted and runs perfect

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
npinks
Tutor

so i have got my Virgin Hub3 installed today. Connected the Hub to the NightHawk via ethernet cable to the Yellow Socket on the back and rebooted the NH and the Virgin Hub placed in to Modem Mode, but still got no internet connection from the NH

Tried different cables (Cat 5a & e? ) and still no joy

Any advice, really don't want to lose the use of the NightHawk

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi npinks,

Can you go online when computer is connected to the Virgin Media Hub? If yes, try the article below.

https://kb.netgear.com/1086/No-Internet-with-new-router-MAC-spoofing

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi npinks,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 4 of 6
npinks
Tutor

Hi All

Sorry for the late reply back, I managed to fully reset the X6 and upon rebooting it up, the router went through a new install and started working, with the CAT5e cable I had. Then a straight swap over to the CAT6 the following morning

All sorted and runs perfect
Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi npinks,

I am glad to know it works now.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo