Nighthawk R8000P DFS channel not allowed error

Branman
Follower

Nighthawk R8000P DFS channel not allowed error

I just recently picked this router up from amazon and installed. The install seemed to go smooth I’m running this off my Verizon quantum router because I want to keep all the Verizon features working. So I setup new network names and for some reason I got the 5ghz-1 named 5G-2. The same thing goes for 5ghz-2 is named 5G-1. I’m attempting to change them back on now no matter what I attempt to change in the wireless settings I get the error....”This DFS channel is not allowed to use because the Radar was detected before. You can change another channel or wait”. Like I said I can no longer change anything in the wireless settings. It seems to be locked up. I’m on the latest firmware according to the setup wizard. Any help would be great otherwise I’ll just send it back and try something else. I need this to be reliable as I’m running tons of smart home devices and streaming devices as well. Thanks Brandon 

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
sjmax23
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R8000P DFS channel not allowed error

I have the same issue. I can't change the max bandwidth to 1300 on my wifi networks. Think this needs a software downgrade. 

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements