Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk R8000P Keeps dropping internet.

MinusGoats
Aspirant

Nighthawk R8000P Keeps dropping internet.

The device keeps dropping internet. The network remains fine but the internet light goes orange and I need to restart the R8000P.

Firmware Version 
V1.4.1.30_1.2.26

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
MinusGoats
Aspirant

I ended up fixing it by rolling the firmware back to one of the 1.3s

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

It might help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful.

Message 2 of 5
MinusGoats
Aspirant

No modem, going directly to ONT. 

Message 3 of 5
MinusGoats
Aspirant

I ended up fixing it by rolling the firmware back to one of the 1.3s

Message 4 of 5
Kernel009
Aspirant

When I moved to the 8000P, I had to notify my provider so they could "bounce" my port.  I have a 1GB connection with a line runing into my attic from the providers box outside and I connect my router directly to the line.

As I was testing the device and swapping back to my old one comparing speeds, I would have to call them and ask them to bounce it each time or else the WAN would drop like this... it would initially seem to work fine but then suddenly drop.  They have some MAC verification on their end that reads the device MAC at power up and if it notices a change, it will go up and down like this.  No idea why and they said I cannot bounce it from my end.

After they bounce, it works solid.  Might be something similar on your end?  I know you said the firmware seems to have helped but figured I'd relay it anyhow.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7