Highlighted

Nighthawk R8000P X6S

I bought this around the first of this year and have had continuous issues with dropping of the internet through WiFi. I finally got fed up with all the complaints and bought the X9000 X10 and now for first time there is no complaints and everything is working.

Is there anyway to get a refund for the R9000P. Based on what I have read on here I am not alone with this problem. If not what do I do with this 250 dollar door stop?
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Nighthawk R8000P X6S

Glad you got a working solution. 

Won't get full price but there is Ebay.  

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Aspirant

Hello,

I thought I'd throw out I recently purchased this router, and was about to go exchange it but just the other day a new firmware version 1.4 came out, and since I installed it, i'm no longer expereincing any issues, it's working amazingly well.  I'm running a gigabit fiber connection to it with a PPPoE connection to my provider (Centrylink), and over hardwire ethernet I'm getting 950Mbps up and down consistantly.  Over 5Ghz WiFi with the most current MacBook Pro, iPad, and iPhone I'm reliably getting 500Mbps, sometimes as high as 800.  Really happy now, about 24 hours since the update without any issues.

I would recommend updating your X6S to the latest Netgear firmware and giving it one more try, perhaps returning the X10 if still possible?  

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted

Well I did upgrade and after 24 hours it starting dropping internet over WiFi. So still not sure since the R9000 does seem to do this.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements