Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R8000P refuses to connect to Apple TV4k

Ememqut
Aspirant

Nighthawk R8000P refuses to connect to Apple TV4k

I have a Nighthawk R8000P and it won't let my Apple tv 4K connect. I know the network is strong enough because it sees it and and all the other devices in the living room are there. I know the password is correct because my phone asks if I want to share network password with Apple TV and I click yes. I have tried about a dozen times. Unplugged and restarted router. Restarted Apple TV several times. I reset the Apple tv and it still "can't connect" to the network, even when I am having it set up via my iPhone, which is connected to the wifi network.

I had used the Netgear app to turn off access to the internet to the Apple TV so kids wouldn't watch it instead of doing schoolwork while I was at work. Then I forgot, and wife couldn't watch tv, so she restarted apple TV and it just said, "cannot join network". I went to web-based config pages for router and saw it was on list of "blocked devices not currently on network". I took it off that list, but still no luck.

Suggestions?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Ememqut
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R8000P refuses to connect to Apple TV4k

Yes, that's why I unblocked it. Still failed to connect after several tries. Resetting Apple TV and trying to connect to guest network got the thing online. Previously, it had failed to connect to guest network, too. So at least I'm online, but guest network is not optimal as the remote app from phones requires all on same network.

View solution in original post

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@Ememqut wrote:

I had used the Netgear app to turn off access to the internet to the Apple TV so kids wouldn't watch it instead of doing schoolwork while I was at work. Then I forgot, and wife couldn't watch tv, so she restarted apple TV and it just said, "cannot join network". I went to web-based config pages for router and saw it was on list of "blocked devices not currently on network". I took it off that list, but still no luck.

Did you try reconnecting the TV after you unblocked it? If that still doesn't work, then the ultimate solution might be to reset the router and set it up from scratch.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 3
Ememqut
Aspirant

Yes, that's why I unblocked it. Still failed to connect after several tries. Resetting Apple TV and trying to connect to guest network got the thing online. Previously, it had failed to connect to guest network, too. So at least I'm online, but guest network is not optimal as the remote app from phones requires all on same network.

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7