Re: Nighthawk R8000P reset automatically

GianniAmerican
Follower

Nighthawk R8000P reset automatically

My Nighthawk R8000P    reset automatically to the default SSID for each chanel, all without any security. Anyone else have this issue today, or at all? Not sure if this is normal behavior following some sort of firmware update, or if there is a bug, or a security vulnerability. Please help. Thanks. 

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
WalterSchmidt
Aspirant

I got exactly the same problem. I updated the firmware and it hasn't happened again so far.
However, I have other problem now. I have a 4Tb external hard disk and after I updated the firmware the router doesn't recognize the hard drive. I tried to plug it in USB 2.0 and 3.0. Before the updated it was working perfectly.
Any idea?

Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S—AC4000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 2 of 4

@WalterSchmidt wrote:

However, I have other problem now. I have a 4Tb external hard disk and after I updated the firmware the router doesn't recognize the hard drive. I tried to plug it in USB 2.0 and 3.0. Before the updated it was working perfectly.

Please start another discussion for that one.

As the forum "rules" say, please do not hijack someone else's thread.

NETGEAR Community Terms Of Service | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 4

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E