Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R8000p router keeps trying to update

longobongo
Aspirant

Nighthawk R8000p router keeps trying to update

I received an update notice through the Nighthawk app a proceeded to download the new firmware. After doing this I received another message saying that I need to update again. Again I downloaded the new firmware and shortly after I receive another message indicating an update was needed. This happened two more times. After the first attempt we started to experience dropped signals and weak signals. Has anyone else been experiencing this problem? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R8000p router keeps trying to update

What firmware version are you on? 

One thing, I'd recommend against updating using the app or over wireless. when we see corrupt firmware versions, its usually when done via the app or wireless. I'd do it over a hardwired connection for best results. 

When the speeds slowed down, did you ever try a factory reset and reinstall? if there's issues after changing firmwares, thats one of the first things we recommend. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What firmware version are you on? 

One thing, I'd recommend against updating using the app or over wireless. when we see corrupt firmware versions, its usually when done via the app or wireless. I'd do it over a hardwired connection for best results. 

When the speeds slowed down, did you ever try a factory reset and reinstall? if there's issues after changing firmwares, thats one of the first things we recommend. 

Message 2 of 5
longobongo
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. The firmware is version 1.4.1.50. After I had the issue I did a reboot and when that did not work I did a factory reset. That did not help either. I may do another reset and then do what you suggested and update using a cable. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Message 3 of 5
Keved57
Aspirant

There is a known issue with firmware version 1.4.1.50. not being able to upgrade ... check the posts for the "story"  ie "Netgear Nighthawk R8000P Firmware Update"

( I had similar and had to get the r8000p replaced, then ensured by manual upgrade that  the replacement didnt "upgrade"  to  version 1.4.1.50.)

Message 4 of 5
longobongo
Aspirant

Thanks for the heads-up. I will check out the post. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7