Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R8500 Sorry your timestamp is expired

pilotstevek
Aspirant

Nighthawk R8500 Sorry your timestamp is expired

I recently started getting the "Sorry, your timestamp is expired" message when I try to make any changes to my Netgear Nighthawk R8500 router. I have tried 3 different browsers and 2 different computers but all are showing the same error message. I confirmed I am using the latest firmware (V1.0.2.154). 

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk R8500 Sorry your timestamp is expired

@pilotstevek wrote:

I recently started getting the "Sorry, your timestamp is expired" message when I try to make any changes to my Netgear Nighthawk R8500 router. 

That's a new one on me. I can't find anything similar in the archive:

Search - NETGEAR Communities

What gives you that message?

What are you doing and where does it go wrong?

Message 2 of 4
pilotstevek
Aspirant

Yes, there are similar errors in the archive but I found that most were fixed by a firmware update, and I don't see any updates. The errors are triggered by anything that uses the "Apply" button (e.g., setting the time zone in NTP settings, adding an address reservation in LAN setup, literally anything).

Ok so for no reason at all, the router started working this morning!

The reason I was trying to change the timezone was because it was incorrect and the time displayed under NTP settings was off by 2 hours. I thought this might have something to do with the timestamp being expired. I tried manually changing the time on my computer to match the time displayed on the router to see if that would allow me to make changes but that didn't work. Anyway, all looks good this morning and the time on the NTP settings is correct... and no more timestamp errors. Like I said, I didn't make any changes at all.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4

@pilotstevek wrote:

Ok so for no reason at all, the router started working this morning!

Perhaps the router's time its caught up with the Internet time.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7