Nighthawk R9000 X10 Access Control and Attached Devices in Security tab not working

R9000help
Aspirant

Nighthawk R9000 X10 Access Control and Attached Devices in Security tab not working

I have searched all over the forums for a solution to this problem and cant seem to find an "official" solution. Im running  FW 1.0.4.2

I have tried a hard reboot, only to re-enter all my devices, and then it stops displaying all the acess controlled devices midway through my reprogramming.  If I back up from a saved cfg, it all drops again once I try to make changes.  I am not the only one having this problem, and from the looks of it, this "flagship" model is nothing but a disaster, especially since there are really no 60ghz devices in the mainstream.

Many people seem to be switching to a non-netgear FW, but then there is the disclaimer that it could brick your device. Has anyone out there found another solution?

Why is Netgear not addressing this!? there seems to be posts about this issue going back to the original release date.  I have so many Netgear devices on my network, and I have always trusted Netgear equipment, but now I am rethinking the brand and will start switching out all my equipment if they cant find a solution to a basic router function.  After all, I never had any problems like this with my old WNDR-4500... im just saying!!!!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Nighthawk R9000 X10 Access Control and Attached Devices in Security tab not working

Sorry, but I am having a hard time trying to determine what the issue is here.

Is that cryptic subject supposed to tell us everything?

There is a manual for the R9000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Nighthawk X10 R9000 | AD7200 Smart WiFi Router| NETGEAR Support <<<<

Maybe that will help.

If I back up from a saved cfg, it all drops again once I try to make changes.

I assume that means that you have restored the cfg file from a saved backup.

Restoring a backup after a factory reset is a well known way to bring back problems. Don't do it.

I am not the only one having this problem, and from the looks of it, this "flagship" model is nothing but a disaster, especially since there are really no 60ghz devices in the mainstream.

I am sure you are right, but a link to those other complaints might at least fill the gaps in the information that you have provided.

Oh, and the R9000 is not seen by most people as a "flagship model", simply a trip down a blind alley with a technology that doesn't seem to have caught on.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
R9000help
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R9000 X10 Access Control and Attached Devices in Security tab not working

@michaelkenward wrote:

Sorry, but I am having a hard time trying to determine what the issue is here.

Is that cryptic subject supposed to tell us everything?

There is a manual for the R9000 somewhere at the end of this link:

>>>> Nighthawk X10 R9000 | AD7200 Smart WiFi Router| NETGEAR Support <<<<

Maybe that will help.

If I back up from a saved cfg, it all drops again once I try to make changes.

I assume that means that you have restored the cfg file from a saved backup.

Restoring a backup after a factory reset is a well known way to bring back problems. Don't do it.

I am not the only one having this problem, and from the looks of it, this "flagship" model is nothing but a disaster, especially since there are really no 60ghz devices in the mainstream.

I am sure you are right, but a link to those other complaints might at least fill the gaps in the information that you have provided.

Oh, and the R9000 is not seen by most people as a "flagship model", simply a trip down a blind alley with a technology that doesn't seem to have caught on.

Hmmm I dont see what is cryptic about my post. Several others including yourself have figured out exactly what I am talking about. You being a "superuser", which I am not, haven't really provided any help. You just seem to be trying to talk down to me, which of course isnt helping.

As far as filling in the gaps, I cant even begin to quote all the different threads about this topic. I have spent countless hours reading them to the end for a solution. I dont want 3rd party software, as others suggested. I want what I paid for, to work as it was designed, I dont think I am asking for anything unrealistic. You bring up the manual as if it has any info in there about this glitch, you cant be serious? This problem isnt addressed in the manual, hence why I am looking to the community.  Do you even have this model router? 

You may not consider this a flagship model, but depending on when a person purchased this, a $400+ router certainly falls into that category. There are very few routers at this price point, let alone, with a quad core processor, and that when I purchased mine. Still today, there are few routers at this price point with these types of specs. And all the advertising Netgear was, and still has up, leads one to believe it is in fact a "Flagship" router.  Lets see what Netgears own website says about the X10:

"The Worlds Fastest Router"

"Never Settle for Less"

"Performance at its ultimate level"

"Fastest WiFi meets fastest CPU"

Need I go on? I understant this is advertising, but judging by these few phrase in their advertising, and the specs, it is clear Netgear felt this was a top-tier product. I bet all the other people that purchased this router felt they were buying a top of the line flagship router, so please dont minimize all of our plight.

As previously mentioned I was a huge Netgear fan. I have about 15 to 20 of their products, from simple USB WiFi dongles to their managed fiber POE switches, and I have never had problems like this.  I guess I feel betrayed, that a company, I and so many others have trusted, is just letting this issue fester for so long.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
David4
Tutor

After researching the topic it appears that the NETGEAR WIFI routers have had the issue of not displaying "attached devices" for at least 8 years.  Seriously Netgear?  $400 and I can't assign an IP address to a device becuase the router won't display the attached device nor will it allow me to "Add" a static IP for a device.  Just comes up blank screen.

I have re-flashed the firmaware.  Running V1.0.4.12.

Nighthawk X10 R9000

The attached device list worked when I first installed the router (about a month ago).

I can't tell you how frustrating this is and it doesn't look like there is any end in sight.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E