Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RS7000 issues

Bwgibs
Follower

Nighthawk RS7000 issues

I am having to reset my router daily because the internet stops working, I have had my internet provider at my house multiple times and they have ran new lines and new connections and the issue still exists. I reset the router and the internet works fine after the reset. Please help?
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
RIckinOrange
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk RS7000 issues

Your problem is the first symptom mine was having before the WIFI quit working.  It works only via cable.  Their experts will only fix it for a $50 to 80 fee (depending the representative you get).  Ours was only 7 months old.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 4

@RIckinOrange wrote:

Your problem is the first symptom mine was having before the WIFI quit working.  It works only via cable.  Their experts will only fix it for a $50 to 80 fee (depending the representative you get).  Ours was only 7 months old.  Good luck.

The only paid for service backed by Netgear comes through Gearhead.

GearHead Support

There is no $80 option. If someone offered that it was probably one of the scam sites that people get suckered into when they call a  number they find when they run a Google/Bing search for Netgear support.

Message 3 of 4

@Bwgibs wrote:
I am having to reset my router daily because the internet stops working, I have had my internet provider at my house multiple times and they have ran new lines and new connections and the issue still exists. I reset the router and the internet works fine after the reset. Please help?

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

The reason for asking is that a lot of people turn up here trying to put a router behind a modem that is also a router. That can complicate troubleshooting. It can also cause the sort of symptom that you see.

For more detailed advice, we need a bit more detail that "the internet stops working".

What do the LEDs on the front look like when this happens? Is it the whole Internet? Just the wifi? Wired stuff?

And do you really reset (as in restore the factory settings) or just restart the router?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7