Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Router R8000 Shows Disconnected in NIghthawk App

StElmoQn
Aspirant

Nighthawk Router R8000 Shows Disconnected in NIghthawk App

This morning my husband thought out wifi was acting a little wonky so I went into my Nighthawk app to reboot the router.  However was quite surprised to see that the R8000 came up on the app as disconnected so tried power cycling the router and had my ISP refresh their signal.  While my ISP was working on things the R8000 showed up as connected locally but once they finished it has gone back to disconnected.

I thought maybe the actual app needed an update but didn't appear to need that so I tried the tried and true method of uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my Samsung android phone.  Nada, still showing up as having trouble connecting to internet, so hit the connect via anywhere access and it still shows up as disconnected.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?  My R8000 is actually hardwired to my ISP's Fiber Optic Gateway in the crawl space of our house, and then we have our old R7000 in the garage to boost signal to our garage door openers and security camera.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk Router R8000 Shows Disconnected in NIghthawk App

Hi StElmoQn,

Curious to hear if you're still experiencing this issue. If so, may you power cycle the router and reinstall the Nighthawk app again. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7