Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Router not connecting to work VPN

CruiseThatGuy
Follower

Nighthawk Router not connecting to work VPN

While using my work computer (Microsoft Surface) at work I can connect to my works Remote Desktop Connection just fine for obvious reasons.

If I get on other wifi networks I can connect to the Remote Desktop Connection, I just have to turn on a VPN that my work setup on the computer.

If I use my work computer at home it never connects through my wifi at home. I have to turn on a mobile hotspot from my phone, connect to that, then the work VPN, then it connects fine. Using the Mobile Hotspot is kind of a pain in the butt though.

I'm assuming it's some setting on my router that's not allowing the remote desktop connection. I went through the router settings, but couldn't get anything to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Model: AC2400|Nighthawk AC2400 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Router not connecting to work VPN

What firmware is on the router?
What modem/gateway is it connected to?

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk Router not connecting to work VPN

@CruiseThatGuy wrote:

If I get on other wifi networks I can connect to the Remote Desktop Connection, I just have to turn on a VPN that my work setup on the computer.

VPNs seem to be picky. And there are dozens of them. They need careful configuration with the right settings.

It might help if you said which VPN you have.You could also try a searcher for the VPN in question.

If this is a works thing, then maybe they people there can help.

I'm assuming it's some setting on my router that's not allowing the remote desktop connection. I went through the router settings, but couldn't get anything to work.

Sounds like a good guess. So tracking down which settings you need to change would be a good start. Otherwise were are all left guessing,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7