Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk VPN server

djdjdj
Aspirant

Nighthawk VPN server

Hello everyone,

On the nighthawk r7000 router is user vpn services for android and planning it to use for windows laptop. In the router you can download a openvpn file and instructions, it works really nice. But i have a problem  / question. What if a device from me is stollen or i sold it, and i dont want it any more to acces the vpn server from my night hawk. The only option i have is to switch it off, but then alle devices cannot use the service any more.

I tried to block the device bij MAC adress with acces control, for wifi it works but the device can still acces the router by VPN!

Hope fully someone has a solutions.

Kind regards,

DJ

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Nighthawk VPN server

Hi djdjdj,

It will still generate a new certificate so you have to redo your OpenVPN configuration.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi djdjdj,

You can reset the router and reconfigure the VPN service. It will generate a different certificate.

Message 2 of 5
djdjdj
Aspirant

Thanks for the response... an additional question about the solution: If i have a backup of the router settings and reset the router and put the backup back will it be the same certificate or will it be a new one so that non of the old devices can connect.
Message 3 of 5
JamesGL
Master

Hi djdjdj,

It will still generate a new certificate so you have to redo your OpenVPN configuration.

Message 4 of 5
djdjdj
Aspirant

Great. Good to know that if we reset the router we have to connect the vpn overagain.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7