Re: Nighthawk WiFi Routers VPN Not Connecting

xfelix22
Aspirant

Nighthawk WiFi Routers VPN Not Connecting

Hardware Version R7000
Firmware Version V1.0.5.70_1.1.91

Hello. I have been trying to setup the openvpn service. I have followed the instructions. I have installed the openvpn. I have opened the router login page and navigated to the advanced tab and then to advanced setup and clicked "enable vpn service". I have then downloaded the files in step 3 and copied the files that are downloaded over to the directory in the C:\Program Files\OpenVPN location.

I tried searching the forums here and saw that someone mentioned changing the MTU size which I have tried and still have had no success. I have even tried to reboot the router after I have changed the MTU size but still can't connect. I tried changing the MTU using the different common sizes in the User Manual on page 38 with no success.

I keep getting the error:
UDPv4: Connection reset by peer (WSAECONNRESET) (code=10054)

My firmware is up to date. I am using Windows 10. I have even tried to open Openvpn as an administrator but still have had no success.
Can anyone please offer some assistance on this matter? Thanks.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8
L3VI4TH4N
Aspirant

All the luck to you. I've had a post open for a month about my VPN without any real response.

For me I can connect but it's slow, lags out and just doesn't work well. Plus there's a few error messages.

For me after a firmware update I did have to reset to factory in order to get the VPN where it's at now.

Message 2 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi xfelix22,

Check the KB article below if it is the steps you have followed.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23854/related/1?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 3 of 8
xfelix22
Aspirant

I tried the kb steps before posting opening this post with different configurations on Windows and a smartphone and it got the error posted originally.
Message 4 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi xfelix22,

1. Do you have stable connection from the router?

2. Try pinging the WAN IP of your network where the R7000 is connected and check if you have a stable connection.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 8
xfelix22
Aspirant

I have stable connection. I did the ping to the DDNS and it was succesful.

Message 6 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi xfelix22,

Are you accessing the VPN from your office or any location? How many locations you tried to access the OpenVPn connection?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 7 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi xfelix22,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements