Nighthawk X10 R9000 DHCP

I’m stumped please help! I am having a problem with my wired devices not obtaining an IP address from the router. Wireless works fine and 2 wired devices were still good. They are on ports 1 and 2. A reboot of router and everything works great for a day or two than a reboot is needed again. I recently tried assigning static IPs to all wired devices and thought I fixed the issue as I went almost 3 weeks without a problem than boom it’s back again. This last time only lasted a few hours. I have no idea what is going on. Is it the router, is it the user lol or is it a device. Steps I have tried are 1) replaced all Ethernet cables 2) updated firmware 3) assigned static IPs (wired devices only) 4) pulled all my hair out. Please help!!!! Have not preformed a full reset as I’m scared because it was a pain in the butt setting this thing up with Verizon Fios. Getting the cable boxes internet with mocca adapters and all. Will do if only option. Router still under extended warranty so replacing it is also an option but I just don’t think it’s the router. I think it’s something else. Just have no clue as to how to trouble shoot it. Not sure if something else is trying to use the same IP or is it Fios just dumping my network trying to send out updates. If so maybe ports need to be opened for the cable boxes. I have no idea. Well enough rambling. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk X10 R9000 DHCP

You have probably already checked this, but...

Since the problem is on ports 1 and 2, do you have 'Ethernet Port Aggregation' disabled in the settings?

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk X10 R9000 DHCP

Yes I have. Port 1&2 were the only ports still working. Port 1 goes to mocca adapter to supply internet to my cable boxes. Port 2 goes to my PlayStation 4. Both of them were still connected wile the others fail to obtain IP addresses.
Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements