Re: Nighthawk X10 R9000 PLEX server crashes ~ once a week

Hardsoft
Aspirant

Nighthawk X10 R9000 PLEX server crashes ~ once a week

Hi,

I have the latest PLEX server 1.13.2.5154-fd05be322 installed to Nighthawk X10 R9000. The server crashes around once a week and is unaccessible by browser or different client apps even though everything seems to be ok in routers menu - PLEX is on and USB stick recognized. The only solution is to disable and enable PLEX, start it at first from routers "Open PLEX" button to access it again from browsers or hardware clients. This issue has been since I purchased router in the beginning of June. The USB stick is 32Gb USB3 version by Adata. Earlier I run PLEX at separate powerfull i5 Lenovo X201 laptop without any issues and idea was to have less boxes with router integrated PLEX. I have media in QNAP newish NAS and infrastructure is cabled with 1Gig Ethernet as I don't favour wireless in media playout.

There seems to be also some issues with clients direct access to PLEX server running in router from WAN even though 32400 port forwarding is defined correctly in routers table. Metadata like banners, backgrounds, covers etc. have difficulties to be downloaded/accesed from providers. 

Hopefully the next version is more reliable and stable.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

We have a new firmware with fixes for Plex on the R9000 you may want to try this out and let me know the results.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060183/R9000-Firmware-Version-1-0-4-12

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Hardsoft
Aspirant

Hi Darren,

I actually let router to update FW itself on last weekend when router informed about new 1.0.4.12 FW and immediately after update the PLEX was also updated to August revision. Unfortunately the issue still exists and one can't access PLEX even though its server page is opened by the purple OPEN PLEX-button. As you can see both the router and enabled PLEX server are at 192.168.0.1. and the port is correct default 32400. USB stick is found and both QNAP NAS mappings are available. If I disable and then enable PLEX again, it allows me to access server for a day up to one week. I've also found two other bugs at least in my device. PLEX creates multiple thumbnails of digital photos in Timeline mode and has difficulties to stop paused videofile playback - in most cases it just doesn't launch "Stop this item" dialog and doesn't do anything. The stop issue exists especially if the file is  transcoded live and playout pause doesn't help at all. Even the cold reboot of router doesn't change situation so probably PLEX writes something strange to USB-stick and the issue continues after reboot as PLEX reads "unfinished tasks" from USB stick.

Best regards,
Olavi

PLEX won't allow access even though everything seems to be finePLEX won't allow access even though everything seems to be fine

Multiple thumbnails - NAS view on topMultiple thumbnails - NAS view on topStop issue - playout is pausedStop issue - playout is paused

Message 3 of 5
Hardsoft
Aspirant

Hi Darren,

I wrote a long reply with images and detailed descriptions, but now the message has been lost??
In short - new firmware didn't solve the issue. The only way to get access to PLEX after it's crashed is to disable and then enable it again.

Plex-issue.jpg

P.S. For some reason forum "log" shows that I've made 4 messages, but actually finds just 2 ?? So the long message is invicible ??
4 posts4 posts

Message 4 of 5
Hardsoft
Aspirant

A new issue - NAS Media drive is mounted, but not found
Existing_NAS_lost.jpg

Retry wont help, but usual ~daily PLEX disable > enable does

Works_after_PLEX_restart.jpg

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats