Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X10 R9000 Unsecured Network -- Can't Secure Network!

eiznem
Aspirant

Nighthawk X10 R9000 Unsecured Network -- Can't Secure Network!

I have an issue where my network was previously secured with WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] on both 2.4 and 5GHz networks but suddenly, though my router settings still indicate I have security, my devices say its an unsecured network and as such doesn't require a password to connect

I have tried the following and haven't had success in remedying this problem:

• New password
  • New network SSID
  • Enable/Disable Smart Connect
  • Enable/Disable SSID Broadcast
  • Enable/Disable 20/40 MHz Coexistence
  • Changing 2.4GHz and separately 5GHz modes between "up to 800 Mbps" to "up to 347 Mbps"
  • Switching security between WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] and just WPA2-PSK [AES]

None of these changes when applied have fixed the problem with my network physically being unsecured eventhough the settings indicate it's secured. Short of completely resetting the router does anyone have any recommendations? It may be helpful to know I am using Plex on the router and noticed this problem yesterday after having to reboot the router because my Plex Server on the Nighthawk X10 wasn't being recognized by my various Plex Clients. Also I have automatic updates endabled for firmware on both Plex and the router (and both are currently up to date).

Thanks in advance!

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
eiznem
Aspirant

I found the solution. The WiFi on/off button on the physical router was off. It's strange that even though it said it was off that my network was still available and COMPLETELY unsecured. That seems like a glaring problem there Netgear.

Anywho, the WiFi on/off button is the LED/button second from the right. If it's not lit (assuming you didn't disable LEDs), hold it down for 5 seconds. Go back to the GUI and reboot the router and the wireless network is once again secured.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
eiznem
Aspirant

I found the solution. The WiFi on/off button on the physical router was off. It's strange that even though it said it was off that my network was still available and COMPLETELY unsecured. That seems like a glaring problem there Netgear.

Anywho, the WiFi on/off button is the LED/button second from the right. If it's not lit (assuming you didn't disable LEDs), hold it down for 5 seconds. Go back to the GUI and reboot the router and the wireless network is once again secured.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7