Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X10 R9000 is stuck with 60Ghz after fw upgrade 1.5.0.36

shrinuvas
Aspirant

Nighthawk X10 R9000 is stuck with 60Ghz after fw upgrade 1.5.0.36

@ links to members

My 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz stopped working after fw upgrade. I tried all sorts resetting to default and then fw upgrade downgrade. Turning wifi on /off but no luck. Any body experiened such problem. Need help stuck with this issue

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

turning wifi on/off but pushing and holding the button for 2 seconds? or by trying it in the gui? 

Message 2 of 6
shrinuvas
Aspirant

I tried those option but hard pressing wifi on /off on router and then also doing via. GUI. something weird It just got stuck with 60Ghz. Currently setup i have spectrum cable modem connected over gig to this X10. It worked when internet was setup. but something weird happened after fw upgrade. I did factory reset. downgrade to .28 and then .26 and .24 and finally got back to same as .36. For now I got tired took away all the cables and power cord.  

Message 3 of 6
shrinuvas
Aspirant

are there any known issues with these X10. Im losing trust with Netgear products.

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

Devices do fail. it does happen. 

Are you still within your warranty? 

After you changed firmware (downgraded) did you factory reset? 

Are you reinstalling from a backup configuration? If so, try a clean install (not using a backup). 

Message 5 of 6
shrinuvas
Aspirant

@plemans 

Devices do fail. it does happen. Yes I get that  but all of sudden that too after fw upgrade is scary.

Are you still within your warranty? No

After you changed firmware (downgraded) did you factory reset?  yes I did that too.

Are you reinstalling from a backup configuration? If so, try a clean install (not using a backup).  no i didnt take any backup configuration. As I was ok in reconfiguring. after doing factory reset. I did try with fw upgrade in reverse order .28 .26 and .24 and nothing worked then i tried reupdating back to .36  What is weird configuration changes either GUI or pressing wifi disable/enable  too only locks up 60Ghz but doenst let 2.4/5 Ghz enabled back. I feel something fw code screwed up. locking up antenna or channels

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7