Re: Nighthawk X10 SFP+

alsterb
Follower

Nighthawk X10 SFP+

I'm a little confused about the inclusion of an SFP+ port on the Nighthawk X10 (in lieu of a copper 10G port).  Several of the "higher end" ReadyNAS units have 10Gbps LAN Copper (10GBase-T) ports, but as fas as I've been able to discern, there isn't a copper 10G sfp+ gbic available....  Meaning you can't plug the X10 into the any of the ReadyNAS units over 10G............   Can anyone enlighten me on where I've messed up?  Surely this isn't the case....

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
netwrks
Master

They were probably thinking fiber connection. But, I found these  - No idea what will work with Netgear router / NAS box, or what was tested with router.

Message 2 of 5
minulescu
Aspirant

I have a similar question. I need >1Gbps connection from the X10 router, but not sure how (or to what) I can connect the 10G SFP port.

I even have an expensive Netgear M4200 switch (advetised for Wave II 11ac WiFi), but it has ethernet/copper ports, so I can't connect the X10 to it? 
(it has 10G ports for uplink only apparently).

Confused.

Message 3 of 5
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@minulescu wrote:

I have a similar question. I need >1Gbps connection from the X10 router, but not sure how (or to what) I can connect the 10G SFP port.

I even have an expensive Netgear M4200 switch (advetised for Wave II 11ac WiFi), but it has ethernet/copper ports, so I can't connect the X10 to it? 
(it has 10G ports for uplink only apparently).

Better late then never ... the M4200 has two 10 GbE agregation ports in 10GBASE-T and in SFP+ (mutually exclusive usage). With a DAC (Direct Access Cable) like the Netgear ones, for lager distances with a set of matching SFP+ modules and fiber, the M4200 can certainly be linked to the X10.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E