Nighthawk X10 config for best gaming exp?

HanYol0
Aspirant

Nighthawk X10 config for best gaming exp?

So im currently in Hawaii and using Oceanic TIme Warner with a 300mb connection and my speedtests come out close to this download speed with minimal latency. My X10 is connected to my Arris SB6190. 

THe issue im expereincing is playing either BF4 or BF1, the multplayer servers are all above 130 ping with only one showing around 59 which i like to play on. 

Ive also been noticing a lag on webpages loading and has me wondering if my config on my router is set right or my 6190 is the issue. 

Could anyone share their settings on their X10 for a better gaming connection please? Im running latest FW on router and have already tried rebooting. 

Thanks for any help.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: Nighthawk X10 config for best gaming exp?

You complain about your connection I got a 5.5Mpbs download and .95Mbps upload, but 20 in ping!

Message 2 of 6
HanYol0
Aspirant

sorry to hear that..
Message 3 of 6

LOL LOL Are you married to Arris or that is a date? LOL LOL LOL Is it a rental from your ISP or not.

Maybe the root cause of your "poor performances" is Arris!!

Message 4 of 6
HanYol0
Aspirant

Na I date real women.

Not a rental, this issue was noticed after upgrading from my Asus router to this one. I can't swap back to it either as it's already sold.

Never had any issues with Arris modems either.
Message 5 of 6

What is the diff of performances between the 2 devices?

You can factory reset your wonder to see if there are some improvements!

Regards from FrogLand!

"Na I date real women." I was just kidding, your US humor start really to shape me so the guilt is your SNL shows!!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E