Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4 R7500 WPS

anyrules
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4 R7500 WPS

Hello,

I bought a Mitsubishi air conditioners with wifi adapter. I would like to connect the mentioned device to my home network via WPS.
The connection has been created successfully, but the device not able to connect to the  Mitsubishi server. (I can not found the device in the "attached devices" What I found in the log : [WLAN access rejected: incorrect security] from MAC address 00:1d:c9:92:c6:00 . If I swiching off the wireless WPA2-PSK [AES] authentication then working correctly. I'm not using Mac filtering. Which settings should I check? Please advice
Regards,
  Istvan

Message 1 of 20

Accepted Solutions
anyrules
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X4 R7500 WPS

Hello James,

Yes like to Mitsu devices with other router..  
Regards, 
   Istvan

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 20

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Use WPA2-PSK [AES]. Ensure the password is correct. Looks like that is what the message is referring to. Hopefully, you have created your own password / wifi passphrase and are not using the router defaults..

Message 2 of 20
anyrules
Aspirant

Hello, I'm using the WPA2-PSK [AES] with different password from the router default. As I know the password of the wifi should shared with the device adapter during the pairing

Message 3 of 20
JamesGL
Master

Hi @anyrules,

Welcome to Community!

Does it work when using a different security option? The Airconditioner might not be compatible with WPA2-PSK[AES].

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 20
anyrules
Aspirant

Hello JamesGL,

only with open network. The name of the device: MAC-558IF-E which is should  capable of WPA2-AES encryption.
Please see the installation guide: http://www.mitsubishi-electric.co.nz/materials/Controllers/Manuals/WI-FI/1_Operation/Guide_Wi-Fi_Con...
Regards,
   Istvan

Message 5 of 20
JamesGL
Master

Hi @anyrules,

Can you connect it without the use of WPS, like connecting it manually by entering the password?

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 6 of 20
anyrules
Aspirant

Hello JamesGL,

unfortunately not possible. The other device has only two button. One for connectin and one for reset..

Regards,
  Istvan

Message 7 of 20
JamesGL
Master

@anyrules,

Just a suggestion if you could have another device that has a WPS functionality to connect to the router and see if it has the same behavior.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 8 of 20
anyrules
Aspirant

Hello James,

my mobile phone able to connect to the router via WPS, so it should work, and the funny things is the external device is also able to connect to other router. Which device has standard??? 

Message 9 of 20
JamesGL
Master

@anyrules,

It seems like the router's WPS is working as other devices has been working fine. I have limited knowledge for the device that did not work.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 10 of 20
anyrules
Aspirant

I was surprised by telling the truth. I buy two expensive device which should have compatible each other because both of them should has standard but not... I had a check to the inside of the wifi adapter and it's looks like 3th party tool. Type: GS1500M v2.2 Made by Gainspain company. Anyway I tried to change this a new one which is worse then the first one. I got a timeout when I try to connect via pin authentication... I start to give up..

Message 11 of 20
JamesGL
Master

Hi @anyrules,

I apologize for that one. As you can see the routers WPS is working fine as other devices can connect to it without any problems.

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 12 of 20
anyrules
Aspirant

Hello James,

Yes like to Mitsu devices with other router..  
Regards, 
   Istvan

Message 13 of 20
JamesGL
Master

Hi @anyrules,

You mean to say that the Mitsu Airconditioner works on a different router?

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 14 of 20
anyrules
Aspirant

Hello James,

WPA2-AES routers we have tested and working fine:

• Apple - A1409
  • Asus - RT-N16
  • Asus - RT-N66U
  • Edimax - BR-6428nS
  • Edimax - AR-7267WnA
  • Huawei - HG630b
  • Micronet - SP916NE
  • SMC - SMC7904WBRA-N2
  • TP-LINK - TD-W8960N

Regards, 

Istvan
Message 15 of 20
JamesGL
Master

Hi @anyrules,

If you are still willing to work on it, I would suggest to contact support team for further testing and isolation.

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 16 of 20
anyrules
Aspirant

Hello James,

I started the problem analisis with contact the support team and they said the following:

( I bought the router in January so...)

Dear Nagy,

Your R7500 comes with the following warranty from the date of purchase:

* 90 days basic technical support
* <1 year/2 years> Hardware Warranty

Based on the product registration, your device is no longer eligible for free assistance from a support expert. However, I want to make sure you are aware there are other options available for you to utilize such as:

* Self-help web articles http://support.netgear.com/for_home
* NETGEAR Forums http://forum1.netgear.com

Aside from the above free options, I highly recommend our GearHead Premium Services which will entitle you to phone support for this issue and in addition you also get unlimited support for all your other home networking devices. For more information, you may visit the GearHead website at http://gearhead.netgear.com.

Thank you for choosing NETGEAR.

Regards,
Annu
Expert ID: 1369
NETGEAR Support Expert

Message 17 of 20
JamesGL
Master

Hi @anyrules,

Those routers you have mentioned are the routers you have tested?

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 18 of 20
nick1802
Tutor

Hey james, don't no if anyone is still following this or not but I'm having a similar problem. What anyrules listed of tested routers is from the aircons website.
I am able to get mine to connect to the d7000 but then for some reason the device gives error lights saying it failed to get to the internet. Any help?
Message 19 of 20
JamesGL
Master

Hi nick1802,

Please post your concern under the DSL board.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-dsl-modems-routers

Message 20 of 20
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7