Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4 R7500v2 - Issue with Bridge Mode

Goldenlink12
Follower

Nighthawk X4 R7500v2 - Issue with Bridge Mode

This might be a weird question.

I have 3 networking devices in my network.

I have a Hitron CODA-4582 Gigabit Modem/Router that I have access to the settings on, and this has wireless disabled. This is located on the main floor.

I have a XR500 connected via Ethernet to the Hitron Hub, and is placed in AP Mode.

Downstairs, I have a R7500v2 in Bridge Mode on the wireless network.

I have all firmware currently up to date.

My network looks a lot like the regular home IP range, 192.168.0.x for all devices.

I would just put the downstairs router in AP Mode (Possible with wireless disabled to avoid any conflicts and all devices down there are Ethernetted anyway), however, we are currently renting this townhouse, and I don't believe they would like us drilling or modifying the floor in anyway for an ethernet path, nor would I want a 200ft Ethernet cable draping along my floors/wall/ceiling to get down to the basement.

Bridge Mode seemed the quickest solution to actually work, however I noticed I had an issue when I had a piece of equipment down there unable to ping anything not on that network.

I've noticed that I cannot ping it during any instance, wired/wireless on the upstairs router or modem unless I am direct connected downstairs.

Did I do something wrong here?

Thanks for any input.

Model: R7500v2|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7