Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4R7500 ReadyShare not working

avmgan
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4R7500 ReadyShare not working

Hello,

I have recenly bought this as a secondhand router, I was trying to setup to use ReadyShare, I found it was not working as expected.

This is how I did setup my router.

I have a main router from that I have wired connection to netgear and exposed the WIFI.

Internet connections and wify are working fine. and then I have connected my 1 TB HDD to USB1 in the router. 

In the Advance Setttings -> USB Setting - this option was enabled to Yes.

Enable any USB Device connected to the USB port -> Yes

And then Approved Devices section I can see my HDD shows I did choose to add it.

Netgear-readyshare01.PNG

And then in the ReadySHARE -> Advanced section USB Storage (Advanced Settings) enabled \\readyshare and HTTP access options. but There is no Available Network Foldersinfo listing it there.

Rest of all the folders shows as disabled. what I'm missing here. I too tried factory reset. still no luck.

Please advice. even also I couldn't see the ReadyCloudShare option I only see the following options

1. Basic settings

2. ReadySHARE printer

3. ReadyShare Vault (This option also not working)

Farmvare used: V1.0.0.130

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
avmgan
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X4R7500 ReadyShare not working

I got it working. Forget to answer yes I did HDD formate to NTFS format it’s got working.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @avmgan, please provide a screenshot of the ReadySHARE > Advanced Settings page. Also, what file format is your USB storage? Have you tried using the other USB port?

Dexter

NETGEAR Team

Message 2 of 3
avmgan
Aspirant

I got it working. Forget to answer yes I did HDD formate to NTFS format it’s got working.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7