Firmware: V1.0.2.58

Modem: Arris TM607

Service Provider: Spectrum

Speed Router is receiving: 234.07Mbps down | 12.38Mbps up

Game Platform: Xbox One X

Connection Type: Wireless

Xbox Detailed Network Statics: Latency 54 ms | Wireless strength 100%

Xbox NAT is Open

There are 2 Xbox Ones on my network both of which are wordlessly connected. I unfortunately connot do a wired connection. Ever since I've changed my router and modem I've been recieving bad spikes of connection every match online I play; regardless if the game is peer to peer or on dedicated servers. I'ved tried both 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections but they both experience the same lag spikes. I've also enabled QoS and set my Xbox to gaming console and the device priority to Highest. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Example of poor connection spikes I'm experiencing: https://youtu.be/ACtuZ57Rea0

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ablatt
Apprentice

Re: Nighthawk X4S AC2600 R7800 Ping Spikes While Gaming

Some people (including me) have found latency and packet loss issues with firmware 1.0.2.58.  Try downgrade to 1.0.2.52 and report back if that has made a difference.  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
ablatt
Apprentice

Some people (including me) have found latency and packet loss issues with firmware 1.0.2.58.  Try downgrade to 1.0.2.52 and report back if that has made a difference.  

Message 2 of 6
JoshJ
Aspirant

Interesting as I am having the same issue, once I figure out how to downgrade...I'll report back 

Message 3 of 6
Xbox_Guy
Tutor

Thanks for the advice ablatt! I downgraded my firmware from 1.0.2.58 to 1.0.2.52 (making sure to reset the router before and after the downgrade) by following the instructions found here. The difference has been night and day; not a single online game dropped and the ping spikes are completely gone. All I did after downgrading the firmware and resetting the router was renamed both wifi frequencies and set passwords for each. Hopefully this issues gets resolved soon because I'm betting more and more people who upgrade their firmware are going to be hit with this issue.

Message 4 of 6
Luizk
Aspirant

hello 1s sorry for my english.. ok.. now. if you are gaming over wifi with xbox one x with netgear r7800. you have to know there are a few xbox one x with wireless problems. 2.4ghz and 5ghz have this problem. "you will have packet loss no matter what."  i perform a lot of test in my home and my friends home with another router etc etc.. and nothing... i talk to microsoft support and nothing.....  then i buy an wifi extender with ethernet port to do a test.. a voala... no more packet loss over wifi....        you can play over wifi..  but ONLY with an extender with ethernet port to de xbox one x... thats microsoft fault....  good day sr. if you are on guaranty ask microsoft for replace your xbox one x.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 5 of 6
Nenoeil
Initiate

Thanks very much for the advise, downgrade to 1.02.52 solved my ping spikes with wifi 5ghz on PC games and XBOX ONE X games. 100% sure the fw 1.02.58 is a faulty one. With 1.02.52 everything works fine in games as before.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7