Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S R7800 5G going in and out

wiseonewill
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S R7800 5G going in and out

Hello,

I purchased a Nighthawk(R) X4S R7800 just over 5 months ago and started having issues with it within the last few days. The wireless started going out, I thought it might be the ISP but all wired devices are working normally. 

I've noticed that if I connect to the 2.4G radio that I don't have any issues. 

I can connect intermittently to the 5G radio but it always disconnects and tries to reconnect over and over again. This is happening with multiple devices: laptops, phones, tablets, apple tv, xbox, etc. They all worked without any issues a few days ago. 

I've upgraded to the latest firmware to see if that would resolve the issue but it didn't. 

I reset the router to factory defaults and restored from backup and that didn't solve it either. 

Any ideas?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
wiseonewill
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk X4S R7800 5G going in and out

Another firmware upgrade was made available and I installed it over the weekend. So far, this appears to have resolved the issue. Hopefully this continues. 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi wiseonewill,

When you reset the router, try not to load the backup and reconfigure it manually. Try changing the channel of 5GHz. By the way, how many devices connected to 5Ghz?

Message 2 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi wiseonewill,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 6
wiseonewill
Aspirant

Hi JamesGL,

Thanks for your reply. I've been very busy and haven't had a chance to reset the router again. 

I've switched all my devices to the 2.4ghz network and they are connected so it hasn't been as pressing. 

There are probably between 5 and 15 devices connected at any given time. All devices that were on the 5ghz stopped connecting at the same time just over a week ago. 

Thanks,

Will

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi wiseonewill,

Provide us feedback once you have done another reset and manually reconfiguring the device.

Message 5 of 6
wiseonewill
Aspirant

Another firmware upgrade was made available and I installed it over the weekend. So far, this appears to have resolved the issue. Hopefully this continues. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7