Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X4S R7800 and change of Wireless Password does not work (firmware: 1.0.2.80)

nUUK25
Tutor

Nighthawk X4S R7800 and change of Wireless Password does not work (firmware: 1.0.2.80)

Hello all good router-spirits,

My router works as such but I have a strange problem. My present wireless password has 12 digits and when I go to Wireless Settings to change the password into 12 new and different digits (at 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz) and save the change by pressing 'Apply' buttom.all wireless access at any of my 5 laptops dissappere !! The SSID Broadcast of networknames at visible on all PC's, but the field where you can write the new passwod never shows on any of the PC's. It does not help to boot the router or any of the PC's. I have the latest router firmware : 1.0.2.80

If I change the password back to the old one and press 'Apply' the wireless-ness works again on all PC's. It is as if the new passwords will not save into the system of the router and replace the old passwords. Should I reset the Router ? What can I do ?

Regards   Lars

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
nUUK25
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk X4S R7800 and change of Wireless Password does not work (firmware: 1.0.2.80)

Plemans, You hit the right nail ! Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

So the pc's aren't asking for the new password? 

Did you go into the pc's network settings and forget the network? Then it should ask for a new password when trying. 

Message 2 of 4
nUUK25
Tutor

Plemans, You hit the right nail ! Thanks

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7