Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X4S R7800 wireless no longer working

ruudvdlaar
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S R7800 wireless no longer working

The WiFi on my router stopped working after my 2 week holiday (it was off during this time).

The home screen of the router admin GUI shows 'Wireless Warning OFF'. And also the lights on the device are off (both 2.4 and 5 ghz). The WiFi radio button/light is on.

When I click the on this message on the home screen I see that both settings for 'Enable wireless router radio' are on. I have tried multiple times to enable the wireless through the GUI and have also restarted and reset to factory settings multiple times and updated to the latest firmware (V1.0.2.62). All without success.

Does anyone have an idea how I can re-enable my wireless on this router? Thanks in advance.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk X4S R7800 wireless no longer working

I suggest contacting support if the router is still under warranty could be a hardware failure.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to factory reset the router by holding the reset button for 10+ seconds? Then you have to set up the router again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
ruudvdlaar
Aspirant

Yes, I have tried that numerous times. Also updating and downgrading to several newer and older versions of the firmware including 1.0.2.52, 1.0.2.58, 1.0.2.60, 1.0.2.62. And also resetting after these firmware updates/downgrades. Nothing works.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

I suggest contacting support if the router is still under warranty could be a hardware failure.

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
ruudvdlaar
Aspirant

Thanks. I did and am having it replaced by a new one while it was still under warranty. The wireless module seemed to be broken and could not be fixed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7