Nighthawk X4S drops connection

arkard1
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S drops connection

3 to 4 times a day my router will drop connection. And by drop I mean I am connected to the router but the router "is not connected to internet" of course a simple reboot fixes it but it's pretty tiresome to have to do that. I've tried factory reset, reinstalling current firmware. Im about to sell it go to a different company.
Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4
microchip8
Master

Re: Nighthawk X4S drops connection

what modem are you using? also, have you tried putting a switch between modem and router?

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.85SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 2 of 4
arkard1
Aspirant

It is an Arris TM1602 (charter supplied I don't own) what would be the benefit of running a switch between my modem and router? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a switch? The router worked great for the first couple months, I think I reset it one time. Its been slowly requiring more and more resets every day
Message 3 of 4
microchip8
Master

placing a switch between modem and router can eliminate disconnects as the router or modem may have bad negotiations which result in connectopn drops

and no, it won't defeat the purpose of the switch. A switch is a device that connects multiple devices with each others, regardless of what they are

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.85SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements