Re: Nighthawk X4S seems to be blocking Britbox streaming service

dspencer999
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S seems to be blocking Britbox streaming service

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me?

I've got Netflix, Amazon Prime, and also Now TV working perfectly on my network.

If I connect my laptop directly to the Virgin modem, I can view Britbox programmes.

However, if I connect the modem to my Netgear Router, no wired or wireless connections can view Britbox.

I saw on other forums that it could be the MTU size, which I have maximised (so as not to be fragmented) in the suggested way.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4
dspencer999
Aspirant

I've tried pretty much every setting in the "WAN setup" section. Can anyone help?

This is really frustrating - why would the router block this particular streaming service, and no others?

Message 2 of 4
dspencer999
Aspirant

Has anyone else had this issue with a Netgear Router apparently blocking a video streaming site, but with no obvious settings that can be adjusted to unblock?

If anyone has any ideas then please let me know or I guess I just send the router back to Netgear for a full refund, not fit for purpose.

Message 3 of 4
dspencer999
Aspirant

As nobody from Netgear or a community member can offer any help with this, I am sending this router back to Netgear as unfit for purpose.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E