Nighthawk X6 AC3200

DuGo2Guy
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 AC3200

The problem is my cursor appearsw to be suspended for varraying periods of time. when I'm using the Internet. I'm connected via 5G and the router is at least 40' away and is connected to an fib er modem. There I have several other pieces of equipment that communicate via 2.4G wifi close by. The wifi radios operate in default mode except for SSID, PW, and WPA2-PSK. Could this cursor issue be caused by wifi interfearence? Please advise.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6 AC3200

The cursor on the computer? your mouse cursor? 

That's usually a computer issue, not an internet issue. it could be a driver issue, a hardware issue, or several other things. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 5
DuGo2Guy
Aspirant

It's strange that this issue has occurred on two separate machines and only when a network client is accessing large amounts of data say a video or news release.

Ever since multi-device wifi and radio channeling there's been talk of radio interfearence issues. Could someone. explain what has been observed when this has occurred. That is, from the keyboard and monitor's point of view, what can a user expect to see if the radio channels of different devices are interfearing. Would it be a total disconnect, or just lose of data, and wouldn't the channel attempt to reconnect and continue?? 

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

what speeds do you pay for?

What speeds do you get? 

Are you using wireless mouse or wired?

What type of mouse? 

You could always try changing the wifi channel used on the router. I've never ran into an issue where the router was causing an issue with a mouse cursor though. 

Current Setup: CM2000-> RBK750-> GS716v2-> RAXE500-> Pi-hole->
Message 4 of 5
labatt
Mentor

This is a reach. I had one occasion where the router was so close to the PC that the 2.4gig wireless mouse was getting interference from the router causing similar issues. So question how close are they to each other. Would need to be like router sitting on desk with PC or some such. Also with the Microsoft wireless mouse I have connected to tower PC sitting on floor under desk, I have to run an extender from the USB port to get the little transponder closer to the mouse or I have erratic mouse. Maybe another problem/issue? 

Modem CM2050V
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E