Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 Can't Connect to Alexa

CoolHappyGuy
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 Can't Connect to Alexa

I'm trying to connect my shiny new Nighthawk to Alexa.  Alexa keeps saying that she needs for the skill to be connected to Netgear.  She sends a card referring me to netgear.com/alexa.   My firmware is up to date (Version V1.0.2.10_10.0.29)

The Netgear app is working just fine on my Android phone.  The Amazon skill says that my Netgear account is linked.

Step 1 of netgear.com/alexa advises us to enable remote access on your router using Genie.  Is this my missing link?  Using routerlogin.net (to access advanced settings), I interpret this as checking "Turn Remote Management On" in Advanced> Advance Setup > Remote Management.  Is this correct?  

Did I miss something?

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @CoolHappyGuy,

You will need to enable the Remote Login feature of the Genie app. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26109

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @CoolHappyGuy,

You will need to enable the Remote Login feature of the Genie app. The link below may help out.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26109

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
CoolHappyGuy
Aspirant

Thanks!  I was able to connect it by following the instructions you referenced.

I have to confess that I'm a little disappointed in that Alexa opened a guest network that was unsecured.  I was hoping that "she" would open the guest network I set up.  I think it's better to use the Genie app on my phone (which is actually pretty awesome, BTW!)

Thanks again for your help!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7