Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 - Model R8000 INTERNET repetitive disconnects with no log

William10a
Master

Logging issues have been going on for a while and you are correct Netgear is not worry about the issue either they have other issues to handle which still need attention.

Message 51 of 54
JamesGL
Master

Hi NGbaby,

Please try this firmware.

https://kb.netgear.com/000058796/R8000-Firmware-Version-1-0-4-18

Message 52 of 54
NGbaby
Tutor

Hi, thanks James. I did install it earlier today.

I imagine that it must be related to the security issues in the news.

supposed to allow auto update of the firmware too.

Hopefully all goes well and keeps hackers at bay.....

But also this morning I had the visit of my 3rd technician and I am hopeful it is going to be finally working well.

First technician did some connections tightening and changes and changed my modem to another thomson. Not better five minutes after he left

I went to mediacom shop the next day to get another modem, arris, better.

2 days later second technician was helpful finding out and telling me there was a capacity problem sometimes  (that appears in logs at the provider) and that he was going to ask to be looked at.

Then nothing happened during 2 weeks and still internet often bad.

No news about capacity increase when I was asking and it did look like problem was still too present to be only that.

Called and complained last week and Surprise: Third technician rings at the door this morning today.

I think he did a good job, very methodical, replaced some cables that were dammaged from ?rabbits, checked every connection and splitter. changed several. Noticed also I was using a ethernet cable from modem to wifi that was maybe a limiting factor in the speeds and not related to the drop we think

Very happy with him. Very hopeful. No issue for the last 12 hours and I saw the firmware and updated.

So modems might be more or less performant with a bad signal but I think 2 main factors to my problems have been

-coax dammaged and connections loose or deficient (hopefully  all fixed for the moment)

-maybe capaicity

To have an increased capacity provider must do increase of capacity and it might not happen soon but I will be challenging them if problem

Also  I have a 8 channel modem, might go and buy a 16 channel one. Hearing it could help.

If I think about the technicians I have had,I have seen others and none was as professional as the one today I think and I had given up on a TV problem (frozen frames) on TV for the last 2 years, getting worse last 2 moths while internet also underwent issues leading to this post.

Will check whether it improved or still happens.

Pretty thankful to the technician of this morning also I have learned a lot thanks to talking to them and this chat. Thankful to this chat too.

Message 53 of 54
JamesGL
Master

Hi NGbaby,

Thank you for feedback. I am glad that it is already working. Just let us know if you need help in the future.

Message 54 of 54
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 53 replies
  • 10 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7