Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6 - Model R8000 no longer connecting to Internet

DaniDCampbell
Initiate

Nighthawk X6 - Model R8000 no longer connecting to Internet

Hello! I purchased this router about 2 months ago and it was working fine until about 3 days ago. I am no longer able to get a wifi connection and receive an error message that it is not connected to the Internet.

I am unable to connect with my Mac (OS X Yosemite) nor any of our iPhone 6 nor our iPads. On our IMac, i checked under System Preferences, Network and for our WiFi, it shows it is ON and has a description stating "Wi-Fi has the self-assigned IP address 169.254.199.19 and will not be able to connect to the Internet".

I have tried rebooting our cable modem, router and desktop which has not helped any. I have also checked the cable modem & router -- both appear to be normal based on their lights -- the Internet connection is showing lit for bitb and they are both blinking as if data is moving between them.

I did a bit of research and noticed that my WiFi is configured for "Using DHCP" and the Condigure IPv6 is set to automatically. IPv4 Address is 168.254.199.19 with a subnet mask if 255.255.0.0 and the router does not have an IP address. I tried Remeejnd eve DHCP Lease several times and it did not solve the problem.

Not sure what to try next... any suggestions as I am clueless! Not sure why this set up stopped working all of a sudden when it was fine for the past 2 months -- we haven't made any changes nor updated our software recently.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6 - Model R8000 no longer connecting to Internet

What ISP modem Mfr and Model # do you have?

Have you done a full factory reset and set up from scratch using a wired LAN cable PC to set up the router.

Any other wifi neighbors near by? How many? 

What version of FW is currently loaded? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What ISP modem Mfr and Model # do you have?

Have you done a full factory reset and set up from scratch using a wired LAN cable PC to set up the router.

Any other wifi neighbors near by? How many? 

What version of FW is currently loaded? 

Message 2 of 4
DaniDCampbell
Initiate

Hello FURRYe38 - per your suggestion, I went ahead and did a full factory reset and set up the router from scratch -- I am now up and running again. Thanks for helping this novice out!
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad its working. Let us know next time about what modem you have. 

Enjoy!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7