Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk X6 R7900 Randomly Drops Internet (WAN) for Various Devices

That sounds like a good test case to me. 

Message 76 of 91
Highlighted
Aspirant

How can I download the V1.3.0.11_1.2.2(test) beta firmware to give it a try? 

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 77 of 91
Highlighted
Star

Hey swampGator, you have to complain really loud to tech support, get passed to second tier support, and then complain to them a lot about how you've been enduring this for a long time. Then, they will have you sign a non-disclosure agreement, give you the link to download the file, and give you instructions on how they want you to test it.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 78 of 91
Highlighted
Apprentice

To get the Beta software, you have to contact Netgear tech support. Indicate that you are having issues with dropping WAN connection.

Message 79 of 91
Highlighted
Apprentice

I like Dave66's explaination better than mine.

@Obiwan_wrote:

To get the Beta software, you have to contact Netgear tech support. Indicate that you are having issues with dropping WAN connection.

Message 80 of 91
Highlighted
Apprentice

Seven Days and still counting!!

I want to make some changes to one of the routers but don't want them to restart. I will try and go at least 15 days before I make any changes to the routers.

Message 81 of 91
Highlighted
Star

Thanks for the update.

Yesterday, I decided to give the beta FW another try. I'm aboiut 36 hours into using it with no problems. This morning, I turned on Smartconnect and used it all day with no problems. Network speeds to all devices are what I expect, which is good. I too, will try to go the distance w/o restarting my router.

Message 82 of 91
Highlighted
Star

I am one week in to testing the beta firmware with SmartConnect feature on, and I have had no problems at all. I think this firmware fixes the issues, and we finally have something that helps the router operate reliabley.

How are things on your end Obiwan?

Message 83 of 91
Highlighted
Apprentice

My Parallel installed routers, both R7900Ps are still running for just a little over two weeks. Not a burble or bump. I hope we will soon have a Netgear (approved) firmware released soon. Hopefully this will return that device from a door stop back into a router.

Message 84 of 91
Highlighted
Apprentice

It is 2 days shy of 30 days that I have had the (TEST) firmware both routers have run without an issue. I think safejunk has been running the same (TEST) firmware on his router for much longer than me.

WHEN WILL NETGEAR RELEASE THE NEW FIRMWARE?????????

Message 85 of 91
Highlighted
Star

I have been running that Firmware for a while, I think 2+mo and have had VERY minimal issues. One issue was almost exactly as the same problem we all have but I realized at the end that it was my Cable porvider that was down, the other issue was with 4 devices just would NOT connect to the internet but the rest would work fine.... I was in a hurry so didn't capture that data and just rebooted the router and all worked again. I think this FW is pretty good and stable.

Message 86 of 91
Highlighted
Apprentice

I have been running 45 days with the beta firmware and not a problem . I think it is time for Netgear to release a Production Firmware release. What do you think???

Message 87 of 91
Highlighted
Star

I agree. I've been running the beta fw for around 40 days with one small instance that may have not been a router problem at all. About a week ago, I asked my 2nd level tech support person about a release schedule. After asking the software engineering dept, a second tier tech support person said there is no scheduled release date. Not sure what they are waiting for.

Message 88 of 91
Highlighted
Tutor

I've also been running the V1.3.0.11_1.2.2test firmware on my R7900P for the past few days. I have noticed that the web management URL isn't respnosive anymore. I've got a case open still.

Message 89 of 91
Highlighted
Tutor

I went with the Synology RT2600ac. I love the DSM/SRM interface and capabilites. SRM 1.2 has even better parental controls. And I'm getting the MR2200ac mesh router to fully cover my home. So glad I returned my Netgear router for the Synology RT2600ac

Message 90 of 91
Highlighted
Star

Thanks for confirming that the Synolgy RT2600 is a good router. I've read a lot of good reviews about the Synology line of products. I may just have to switch myself. I appreciate the info.

Message 91 of 91
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements