Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 + Printing to Xerox Phaser 6510

lkdnv
Aspirant

Nighthawk X6 R8000 + Printing to Xerox Phaser 6510

Having trouble setting up a Xerox Phaser wireless printer to the Nighthawk router?  The printer message reads "IP address not recognized".  

Model: AC327U|3G USB Modem/HSUPA
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
lkdnv
Aspirant

Issue was internal with the Xerox printer.  Rep came out and first set it up as a direct print from devices to Xerox Phaser (with a password) but that was so slow I asked him to please set it up through the net gear router which turned out to be must faster.  Works fine now.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi lkdnv,

Make sure the IP address is set to dynamic on the printer and not static.

Message 2 of 9
lkdnv
Aspirant

Thank you.  I will try that.  Waiting for Xerox to receive a new wifi part that they believe is faulty.

Message 3 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi lkdnv,

Any update if the Xerox is now working?

Message 4 of 9
lkdnv
Aspirant

Haven't received the new (wifi) part yet.  Received a UPS notice today that it will be here by end of day tomorrow (Monday).  Thanks.

Message 5 of 9
lkdnv
Aspirant

Nope, not working.  The Xerox directions for connect to a wireless network with the optional wireless network adapter direct me to navigate to something called "PrimaryNet Select and then to navigate to "Wi-Fi" ... neither of those menu options appear.  Will connect with Xerox again as their instructions are incorrect I believe.  Thx.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 6 of 9
lkdnv
Aspirant

Update:  Spent 3 hrs on the phone with Xerox today.  Installed new printer driver for my Mac, new software for the Printer and installed the new wireless adapter.  Still wifi not working so a xerox rep is coming out tomorrow.  Moved it close to the router so we could hook it up with a HTML cable/to the Ethernet and printing that way for now.

Model: R6800|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 7 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi lkdnv,

Thank you for the feedback. Report back for any update.

Message 8 of 9
lkdnv
Aspirant

Issue was internal with the Xerox printer.  Rep came out and first set it up as a direct print from devices to Xerox Phaser (with a password) but that was so slow I asked him to please set it up through the net gear router which turned out to be must faster.  Works fine now.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7