Highlighted

Nighthawk X6 R8000 Schedule

I got this thing and replaced another netgear product, but it's not been steller by any means, I think I spent to much.  The problem I have been having the past few days is that the router dies, I connect via cable and it just without notice just quits!! There is no connection to the router via the cat-6 or the wifi.  After a few it comes back. When it's not working there's nothing, the ip address doesn't work and the router's ip address isn't pinagable.  

I have re-booted the thing, looked for firmware update( it's been a long time, we should have a new version out) and I don't know why it's dying.  Anybody have suggestions?

I wanted to submit question to netgear but . . 90 days are up and they don't even give an e-mail supprot option.  For a $300 dollar router, there shoudl be a little support!

Thanks

Craig

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk X6 R8000 Schedule

You might try a factory default reset, I have a r8000 and last time i used it it worked fine. Some owners of the r8000 have mistakenly used the wrong power adapter which would definitely cause problems.

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted

I tried that, the router is working but still sketchy! The speed across the LAN is so slow, I called tech support when I first got the thing and they helped me, but, even today, across the LAN it's slow,  be it wifi or gig lan with cat-6.  The router isn't as robust and I was hoping for, really think Netgear dropped the ball on this product and I drop a a gang of cash.  It's back to cisco/linksys for my next.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I would check the client card(s) settings You'd be amazed how one wrong setting can bring a network to it's knees. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements